The meeting room will be equipped with audio-visual aids listed below. We recommend presenters make full use of the equipment in-situ and bring their presentation on a USB stick to load their talk onto the show laptop.
- 9ft projection screen in 16:9 format
- LCD projector
- Show laptop including Microsoft office software
- Remote mouse clicker and laser pointer
- PA system
Instructions for Speakers
- Please bring the computer file of your PowerPoint or Apple Keynote presentation (on USB stick).
- Your presentation should be loaded on to the PC located in the meeting in the break preceding the start of your session. Please save your presentation file in the appropriate named folder saved on the desktop. Direct connection of personal laptops is the alternative approach; please ensure you have the correct adapters for your machine (the hotel can provide adapters for HDMI and VGA)
Format and Technical Requirements
- For presentations created in MS Office for Mac PowerPoint 2010, be sure to add the extension ppt at the end of your file (for example - mypresentation.ppt).
- To avoid potential problems with display fonts, please only use fonts common to both platforms (Arial, Courier, Courier New, Geneva, Georgia, Helvetica, Times, Times New Roman).
- For images in your presentations, it is preferable that the images are in jpg format. The image resolution must not exceed 1920 x 1080 pixels (width by height).
- Please ensure your presentation is using a 16:9 aspect ratio to fill the projection screens
- If you have embedded video files to your presentation, they must be any of the following formats mpg, mpeg, wmv avi or QuickTime (mov)
- Do not forget to upload any video files separately in addition to your PowerPoint presentation.
Posters will be on display for the duration of the event in the bar area located directly outside the meeting room. Posters must be no larger than A0 in size (118.9 x 841 mm / 46.8 x 33.1 inches), in a portrait format. Fixing material will be supplied.
Poster printing service
We are delighted to offer presenters a poster printing service with delivery to the event. This service will ensure your poster arrives at the event on time and for those travelling to Milton Keynes by air, saves you having to carry your poster through airport security.
Posters are printed in full colour and will be available to collect from the registration desk. Posters will be printed as A0 in a portrait format on 200 gsm photo satin stock. The cost per poster is £40.
Please read the following before supplying your poster. Unfortunately, it will not be possible to make any amendments once your order has been accepted.
- Please make sure your document has been proofed before supplying the files – this means you have checked the document for spelling and grammatical errors, colour issues, layout and design.
- Artwork should be supplied as a high resolution (300 dpi) PDF’s and must be A0 in size.
- All fonts should be embedded (select embed fonts in distiller options) or converted to curves.
- Colour palette – supply as a CMYK PDF, not RGB. It is important to ensure that all images used are also converted to CMYK.
Poster files need to be supplied by 9 March 2018. To order your poster through the conference team, email firstname.lastname@example.org